Beginners Mountain Bike Trail Essentials Corrective Exercise | Yoga | Nutrition | Skills Coaching
Hone your skills and develop your confidence in eight hours of fun, practical, small group coaching with industry experts.
This retreat teaches you the right techniques, tools and skills to feel truly confident out on the trail. Whether you are a complete novices or someone wanting to progress to intermediate level mountain biking terrain.
- Learn key movement patterns to increase stability, strength and stamina when on the trail.
- Enjoy MTB Yoga releasing stretches, focusing breath awareness and mindfulness techniques.
- Learn how and when to control your speed and handle corners safely and effectively.
- Discover how to pick lines, control direction and vision, making you a confident biker.
What You Get:
- Movement and Lifestyle Coaching to increase strength and endurance and reduce injury
- Hands on MTB Coaching to improve your confidence and riding skills, safely and effectively
- Take home MTB tips booklet so that you can keep improving once home
- Free Style Riding time to practise your new skills
- Organic power packed lunch and snack to improve trail performance
- Free entry and up lift at the MTB park for interactive terrain coaching and riding
Retreat Experience - Breaking it Down
MTB Functional Circuits – Putting it into PracticeLearn key movement patterns to increase balance, strength and stamina when out on the trail, in our alignment focused circuit class. Learn MTB rider secrets that will get you riding with confidence and style.MTB Body Fundamentals – Taking the trail to the Gym and the Gym to the Trail
- Learn simple, home, full-body stability exercises to prevent injury when out on the trail
- Learn to strengthen the 7 Keystone Movement Patterns to improve your riding efficiency
- Discover how dietary choices can increase riding strength, endurance and recovery
- Learn what to stretch and when to improve trail performance and reduce post riding aches and painsMTB Power Lunch - Enjoy an organic power packed lunch designed by Nutrition Specialist Karen Maidment to enhance your trail performance.
MTB Trail Prep – By Flexible in the Gym and on the TrailPrep your mind and body in our Yoga for Mountain Bikers class. Enjoy releasing stretches, focusing breath awareness and mindfulness techniques for laser focus on the trail.MTB Terrain Workshop – Ride safer with more confidence more speed and less effortIn this hands on, practical workshop you will learn the importance of body position for riding on descents and technical climbs. How and when to control your speed and handle corners safely and effectively. How to pick lines, control direction and vision, making you a confident and safe biker, equipped to hit the trails and have some fun.
- Bike set up – pre-ride bike check
- Body position
- Gear selection
- Speed & Controlled Braking
- Uneven Terrain
- DescendingMTB Trail Time - Enjoy an Organic trail snack and free trail time to hone your new techniques, feeling the excitement and confidence flow!Retreat Coaches:Corrective Exercise Specialist - Adrian Stokes“Thanks to the exercise programmes designed by Adrian I have rekindled my passion for mountain biking and can now go faster and ride for longer than I have ever been able to before.” Ian
World Champion Pro Rider & Coach - Katy Curd“Patience of a saint, super kind and a great sense of humour, Katy really made me feel at ease and supported.” Velome.co.uk“If there’s even the slightest gap in your confidence or a little bit of doubt in your skills, book yourself on a coaching course with Katy Curd – I can guarantee you will not be disappointed’ Sarah oneadventure.com
Yoga & Nutrition Coach - Karen Maidment“I loved your yoga class, so good to come back to basics and concentrate on aligning the body properly, so thank you for a hands on approach!” Sunny
Beginners Mountain Bike Day Retreat
Maximum class capacity 8 students. Suitable for blue trail riders. Price includes bike park entry, food, MTB tips booklet.